Queen Bee, King Bee Essay Contest
Time & Location
About the Event
The Westmorland Honey Festival will be hosting an essay contest for students grades 2-12. The theme is BEE Inspired—A Tribute to the Valley. We want to hear about someone, something or some place in the Imperial Valley that inspires you!
The essay’s will be judged by The Honey Festival Committee as well as select teacher’s from around the Imperial Valley. Focus will be on use of the theme and leaving the judges ‘inspired’ after reading your essay.
AWARDS: November 17, 2018 starting at 11:15am: Westmorland Honey Festival Main Stage
1st place will be awarded to one female “Queen Bee” and one male “King Bee” in each grade band:
Grades 2-4, 5-8, 9-12. Winners will be asked to read their essay at the festival upon receiving their award.
Grades 2-4: Essays may be typed or hand-written and should be a minimum of one paragraph long.
Grades 5-8: Essays must be typed single spaced and not exceed two pages.
Grades 9-12: Essays must be typed single spaced and not exceed two pages.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Register on the Westmorland Honey Festival website: www.westmorlandchamber.com/events
- Click on ‘Register’: Queen Bee, King Bee Essay Contest – then complete form
- Complete essay and drop off at Westmorland City Hall OR email essay to: email@example.com
- Essay should include a cover page with the following information:
Queen Bee King Bee (write only one)
School Name, Grade
Parent Name and Parent Phone Number
- Essay must be received via email OR dropped off at Westmorland City Hall by November 9, 2018
- Please note: Westmorland City Hall closes at 5PM